Monday, March 27, 2017

Half-Baked

Winter might be just about finished with us here, but I am not finished with anything I've started this week...


I am a few chapters into a book I am reading. I have written part of a short story. I have done most of a doodle. Gathered together the ingredients for a necklace that is not properly started. Only sort-of-completed the non-artsy tasks I have to get done before the end of the month. I am half in and half out on life. Want to make my goals and do things that matter, but also feel like giving up on just about everything.

So yeah, I don't have much for you this week. But here's a picture of the cool, weird, frosty clumps of snowy crystals that were on my car window one morning as I was getting ready to go to work:


And here's a picture of the string and charm I'm going to use on that necklace I mentioned above:


I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done before next week, but we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, we all go through those in-the-valley times, but just by mentioning them, naming them, and knowing that they are phases of life, we can see them as temporary slumps, and push on through. You have the vital ingredient: projects in the works. Having the parts collected, the idea in mind, and the goals articulated, all make it possible to get back at the projects and, in doing so to get back the spirit and enthusiasm. End of winter slumps are not surprising. Hang in there, and try to do at least one tiny step of forward motion each day, even if it is only a couple more lines on a doodle or stringing one bead. That will lead to more momentum.
    And, to keep you motivated, I REALLY want to see what you make of that owl.

    Your first photo is quite illustrative of the state-of-mind of your post, and well done. That is art, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All artists are so visual and see things that others don't notice. I am always fascinated by it. It is illustrated by you noticing the beautiful pattern of snow on the car window that others wouldn't even glance at. It would be helpful if those who are not so artistic and visual understood that about us.

    I agree with Sarah about the end of winter slump. It is real. But I have also read a lot about the essential value of vitamin D3. It affects every part of our health and we are all deficient, especially in these days of no or little sun. Everyone should be taking D3 and you'll find improvement in all areas of health. That's my lecture of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thank you so much, both of you! XD And I will look into the vitamin D3.

    ReplyDelete