Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Jug and Surfer

Leah --

    This is the project I'm working on in Friday's painting class. I've never actually used this technique of doing darks first. It's pretty interesting and it looks kind of funny right now, but judging from the fact that my jug satisfies me, I think this will look pretty cool in the end.


Sarah --

    In Figure Drawing, I'm drawing professional surfer Bethany Hamilton, who had her left arm bitten off by a shark when she was thirteen years old. It's fun, but I'm also nervous about getting it right. I haven't tried to draw real people much, just things off the top of my head.


    On another note, I finished crocheting this little owl last week. I got the pattern from http://engsidrun.spire.ee/blogs/blog1.php/free-pattern-crocheted-owls, via Pinterest.


2 comments:

  1. This is lovely work, Leah and Sarah.
    Leah, what is the concept behind doing darks first?
    I like the subtlties of the color transitions on your jug. Is that your normal procedure, to work one item at a time through the composition? Do you finish each part, or go back afterward to refine and coordinate the parts?
    Sarah, is your work in pencil or? It looks like a complicated piece. Do you have an overall outline sketch on your paper or do you add elements as you go? (I can't tell from the photo.)
    I LOVE your little owl, and its colors! You do good work.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... that was supposed to be "subtleties."

    ReplyDelete