Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Piece in Progress

 New Work

The travelers have traveled away, and life is trying to get back to routine.

I started a watercolor, that may be for Leah, if I like the end product. She told me what she liked (which wasn't at all what I had in mind for a spring watercolor picture - I thought of closeup flower blossoms - but I decided to try something along the lines of what she requested.)

Here is the beginning, starting with initial concept sketches:

A mustang in the West

A color sketch of a mountainous area

Another horse sketch

The masking fluid on the watercolor paper, to retain a white area as the background is worked

Initial paint layer, with runs and blooms, which I like but which need modifying.
Now the paper needs to dry and I need to work, so more later.
Leah, I need your comments, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment