Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Advent 3

Simple

Moving on from essences to slightly more complex forms of Angels, today I made an angel of a couple of pieces of heavy wool yarn. It is not elaborate, but does have some details in its simple form.

Take some heavy wool yarn....

......cut off a section....

.... in the middle, make a double knot with a loop,  for the head and hanger....

......then knot a larger loop for a wing on each side; then cut and add a second yarn in the middle.....

..... then weave a yarn in the torso section, so one end is part of the skirt and the last end gets tucked into the back.

Message

Today we look at Habakkuk's lament and resolve,  chapters 1 and 2. The prophet was asking God why he was not DOING something about all the violence and oppression and injustice of the wicked, especially against His people. Habakkuk remembers that God is of pure eyes that cannot look on iniquity, but why then is He not reacting promptly to wipe out the evil?

So he says in the beginning of chapter two, "I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and I will watch to see what He will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved."

This is our lesson to learn and message to share: I will Watch, I will keep my place, and I will see what the Lord will do. For in the next verses God says that things all have an appointed time, and though He appears to tarry, His response will come: "Wait , because it will surely come and it will not tarry." Then comes one of the most remarkable verses of the Old Testament, one of the instigators of the Reformation, "Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him, but the just shall live by his faith." That living referred to here is both for now in this world and for eternal life.

Watch, see what God will do, and live by faith. That is a good message for God's angels - those who speak His words, including us - to remember and share.

This little angel was given to me some time ago. I like its simple but interesting forms.

Multiples

You will notice now some days with more than one post. This is good and will be a part of this season. Post away and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment