Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Ignored the note

The sun was shining today, beautifully. So one must take a couple of walks, then, while one should really be cleaning house, painting seemed more appealing. So I looked at my owl's note, ignored the order, and went to my studio to paint. Two hours, until the light went behind the ridge. It is just blocked in - yesterday I put down some canvas toning - but here is evidence of effort.

 This is underpainting to establish  the composition placement. (detail)

This is one of the pretty twigs I collected yesterday that is part ofthe composition.

This is the stage of the same area (above) when I stopped today. Much more still to do, but a pleasant start.

Now the house cleaning really must happen. Guest will be here this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment