Thursday, November 26, 2015

Three Pies Plus

So, extemporaneous mostly worked today. We had our Thanksgiving celebration and the pies got made and Thanks were given all around. I mentioned three kinds of pie yesterday, but one unnamed person didn't like any of those so got his own kind, Mud Pie. That is not as bad as it sounds; I did not throw goopy dirt at him; I made a goopy chocolate mini pie for him. Behold pies.




The Menu: 
Roast Duck with sauce (it was delicious)
Turkey breast with marinade and bacon
Bread and apple stuffing with herbs
Mashed Potatoes with bacon, onion, herbs, and cream (Stefan's creation)
Green beans
Caramelized Chestnuts (Thom's favorite part of the meal)
Vegetable platter with carrots and cream-stuffed tomatoes and Nüsslisalat
Cranberries
Two fruit punches (made by the boys)
Champagne
Apple pie with Pecan Streusel
Pumpkin pies (various sizes, with and without pecans)
Pecan pie
Chocolate Mud pie
all with whipped cream




The family photo will come via e-mail.

Many Thanksgiving Blessings to all. I look forward to seeing your creative tables and menus.

2 comments:

  1. I totally think goopy dirt should be thrown at picky eaters...
    Kidding. It was all really, really good. And Thanksgiving leftovers are the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I guess I was too busy cooking and visiting to take any pictures... I always like to make my pies into "edible art" so I guess I should have snapped a couple photos.

    ReplyDelete