Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Georgia, Day Nineteen, Part Two

Art

Still in the Telavi Museum within the fortress walls



A sculpture outside the fortress 


A wall art installation inside the fortress at the entrance to the museum.

After viewing the historical exhibits, we went to see the art collection by Georgian artists. It is very diverse in styles and competence, but some were quite appealing. 

(We are at a “family hotel” with no amenities, and the outlet in my room tries to fry my plug, so I was not able to charge  my iPad fully, so my photos were limited today.)



Historical scene of Queen Tamar (caption said “king,” but she looks female to me, and history says she was).






“Istanbul,” if you look closely, you can see it. I like this work.



A few tapestries and this sculpture were also included 





I like this



My favorite, but impossible to get a decent photo, because it was hung so high and had glare on it. 
This is called “Peasant Portrait.” The original white Caucasians had ended up being the under class, after numerous invasions. 


The Royal Prince abducted by the Jacobins, and his highness is displeased. 



Maria’s favorite 

Then we browsed some shops, and found locally made soaps with “the neighbor’s roses” in them, or other herbs, or unscented for the winemakers, who must keep their noses sharp. 

On the walk back up the hill to the hotel, we detoured through the cemetery.







Then no more battery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment