Saturday, June 11, 2016

Creativity in Different Forms

The wedding season is in full swing so my creativity this weekend involved some very beautiful flowers and some lemon cake-

                                  
I swooned when I saw that pale pink peony. I must find a root to plant...
I loved the pink hypericum berries and the other greens with berries (don't know their names) and felt like this combination of blooms and greens needed lots of loose, drapey style and movement. I used the large deep colored peony as an "anchor" for the design. 

Putting the flowers on a cake is my favorite part of the wedding cake process. I never know what the bride orders from her florist until I pick up the bouquet at the shop. The flowers always kind of tell me what they should do.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



I also want to show Alyssa's very creative project (since she is not blogging herself). A couple weeks ago when she and her new husband were here for a visit they looked at the old furniture we have stored in the barn. They chose to take home an old vanity/desk that belonged to one of her grandparents years ago. Unfortunately, we don't have a photo of how it looked originally but here are photos of the surprising transformation after Alyssa applied paint and fabric to it-

                                       


                                           
It will now have a new life as a sewing desk! Alyssa received a nice sewing machine from her husband when they got engaged. Now she needs some good sewing projects.



3 comments:

  1. Most wonderfully beautiful - both of them. Those flowers, those berries, that cascade of color - so gorgeous!
    Highest compliments to Alyssa for her creative transformation. What a marvelous idea. And the color scheme: couldn't be better, in my eyes. Love those knobs too. And the stencil design. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overwhelmed with the awesomeness! That cake is GORGEOUS, and the desk is TOTALLY COOL!

    ReplyDelete