Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Crocheted Baby Sandals

So, I don't remember if I found this pattern on Pinterest, or if my grandma shared the link on Facebook and I saved it to my Pinterest, but I definitely like that I met it. Haha.

Baby sandals. They were surprisingly easy, and took a miniscule amount of yarn to make them. See the tiny balls of yarn I used? I didn't even use them up.


Okay. The pattern was free, off this site: http://chrisdfriend.tripod.com/christals_crochet/index.blog/1898736/peekaboo-toes-baby-sandals/

So, here's the first round of the sole,


And the second round.


But then I forgot to take pictures of the progress until I got to...Well, this stage, where it was almost done. Haha, sorry.


After the white sole, you worked in the back loops to do the sides and top, then did a round of trim on the edge. The bottom sole was a duplicate of the first sole, slip stitched to the slipper.


They turned out a little crooked... And they looked a little plain. The ones in the pattern had these cute little star buttons on the front for decoration. I had no cute star buttons. So I improvised. I designed a tiny star motif to sew on the shoes. I don't know if there's already a pattern like this out there, but I took this off the top of my head. It was way easier than I expected. I was half asleep at the time, so maybe my hands just know crochet all by themselves. Haha.

Here's the steps (in US terms):


In a magic ring, (sc, ch3, sl st into first ch) 5 times.

Sl st into first sc of rnd. Fasten off.


SO EASY, right?


And it was fun, too. :)

I sewed the stars onto the sandals, and wove the yarn ends in.


Now they are all ready to give to my niece!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, These are the most darling! Sarah, you had the most creative touch making those stars. Hmmm.... and all from your head without pattern. That is an accomplishment. Such a cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'd love to see a photo of the sandal on the baby's foot with her little toes peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE them! Adorable. And yeah, I reeeeeally need to see these on some little baby feet!

    ReplyDelete