Thursday, June 23, 2016

Top Hat

Today is too busy for much of a post, so I am just going to show a little something I finished for one of my online craft classes, around all the goings on here. This one is called Mini Top Hats. It is just for fun to learn millinery techniques and have a base for all kinds of embellishing options. The teacher shows how to do fabric roses and other things I haven't gotten to yet.


The hat is about six or so inches tall. (Thank you to Daria for the clear picture. The light was rather cool then, but you get the idea.)

I hope to do more of these hats sometime. And several other class projects.

We look for something here from Katie tomorrow -

5 comments:

  1. That is very cute! What a surprising class topic. Now you should make a white rabbit to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that as a class the topic was unusual, which is why I decided to try it, also because it has millinery techniques and I love hats. White rabbit to follow - maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO COOL! I want to know how! Haha. I wonder if there are any YouTube video tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not supposed to share details of class procedures, but in general these are VERY easy to make. The practice one I did (not out of real millinery materials yet) is just a light weight cardboard frame with fabric over it and fun decorations. I still hope to find time to do the actual buckram form one.
    That being said, I think I have seen hat making tutorials.

    ReplyDelete