Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Snowflakes and Shading


A long time ago once, my family made a ton of paper snowflakes out of different color papers and strung them up all over the ceiling, and it was grand.

I forgot all about that until I came home from work one day and saw my younger sisters' bedroom door. They kids had made paper snowflakes and taped them up everywhere!

Here's a picture of the door:


And some close-ups:

Some are not six-sided, but it's still a nice effect lol



I just love this one Mark did!


I couldn't remember all of who made which ones, but it was fun looking at the different snowflakes, and it makes the upstairs rather festive-looking.

ON TO SHADING HOMEWORK...

I'm getting confused with which homeworks are from which week's classes, but here are some practices anyways:

Anna's

Leah's

and mine (Sarah's)

Okay, so this past week we watched the lesson for stippling and cross hatching, and I'm the only one that did my homework so far, so here's that; and I'll get the other's up when they've got it done. :)


Hope you all had a great Christmas, and best wishes on the new year!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowflakes!
    You all are doing fine work on your drawings, too, especially those eyes.
    It is good to see the instructor is going into a variety of techniques for you to work on. In my ink work I use stippling and cross hatching all the time, because, of course, one can't shade by means of pressure with ink. So those are very good techniques to have. I will show what I mean with ink work in a post. You might want to try it, if you haven't.
    Enjoy your Christmas: ten days to go.

    ReplyDelete