Sunday, April 2, 2017

Feminine Art


In February there was a show at our local cooperative art gallery that featured art works by women artists. 

This grouping of mixed media works caught my eye because of the backgrounds that reminded me of the paintings that Katie and Sarah worked on all winter with various paint and ink media.





 How creative is this? A romantic theme for a February show.





This was my favorite piece in the show. Ceramic art always grabs me and this was especially unique and creative with its repurposing of old ceramics.



The artist used bits and pieces of old ceramics for adornments on her mosaic bust.


The birds!




Doing mosaic tile pieces well is not as easy as this artist makes it look.




Can you detect the theme of this arrangement of photographs and paintings?

 

 
This series of four photographs was very intriguing to me with their bright colors and luscious arrangements in an imitation of old Flemish still life paintings.




After thoughtful consideration I went back to the gallery about a week later to purchase this one. I just loved the colors and textures and am now enjoying it in my kitchen.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Nice!
    I also like the mosaic. What were the flowers and birds? Porcelain?
    Your teacup picture is lovely, and you are, too, for being a patron of the arts. (Those colors are "mine," you know, as are the ones above and below it. I would have guessed you would pick the top one in warm tones.)

    ReplyDelete