Saturday, December 12, 2015

Finished finally

From Pam in Oregon

A long time ago, when my daughter-in-law was pregnant with the first child for her and my son, Neal, I started making a baby quilt. Now my grandson, Titus Paul, is one and a half years old and I finally have finished the last hand stitch so that I can give it to him as a Christmas gift. 


It is done in primary colors, machine pieced and hand quilted. It is the hand quilting that delayed its completion. I did not have a master plan. I made each element as I had inspiration, according to the amount of fabric I had to work with, therefore it is not a masterpiece and does have little flaws. The block pattern is the pinwheel.


When I chose fabrics I started with this backing fabric. I loved the farm theme. I chose the other fabrics to match the colors in this theme print.





When I took this photo there was one little bit more of hand quilting to finish, (that you may notice) but now it is finished, wrapped and adorned and resting under the Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas to my little man!


1 comment:

  1. Lucky little man to have such a grandma. Your quilt is beautiful and certain to be treasured.
    My children have - not had, but have - baby blankets they still like, even though the fabrics are mere wisps after all the years of cuddling. So much better to have a hand-made quilt for all those years.

    ReplyDelete