Monday, March 28, 2016

Egg Garland

The following is from Sarah Welty, who is presently doing mercy work on the other side of the world, far from her home and family, so she made her own celebration.

She writes:
I have thoroughly enjoyed looking through everyone's Easter Egg 
creations! I feel inspired for next year already! Recently, I have 
started experimenting with watercolor paints, so instead of dying actual
 eggs, I thought I would paint paper Easter eggs to decorate my new 
apartment with. I tied them to string to create a wall hanging that made
 this particularly white and boring wall a little more cheerful. 
 
In reflecting on what we are celebrating this season and what God has done
 for us through the resurrection, I came across this verse: 
 
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great 
mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the 
resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is 
imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,
who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5
 
I thought that the idea of being born again, or having new life, was 
appropriate with this theme of Easter eggs. Two words that really stuck 
out to me in this passage were hope and faith. In particular, I was 
encouraged that we have a living hope in Christ as He makes all things 
new in Him, and I was also reminded of the importance of having faith 
and trusting God for our salvation (it is nothing we can earn or 
accomplish in our own). To represent this idea in my project, I painted 
those words on two of the eggs. 
Thanks for letting me share with all of you! 
I hope you have had a blessed Easter weekend! 
Joyfully, Sarah Welty

2 comments:

  1. These are very cheery, Sarah. Your watercolor effects are gorgeous - particularly (for me) the blue-into-fuchsia one. I like your combination of color flows and patterns in the string of eggs. As you said, "next year," more ideas. Thank you. Blessed Easter there, for all forty days.

    ReplyDelete