Friday, August 19, 2016

One Page



I have had this background in my journal for a few weeks, and yesterday I suddenly thought to add a city silhouette and the border marks.  Now I think it's really fun and cool!  In this scan, it seems like the buildings look crooked (and maybe they are, a little!), but that is actually because there is texture under them.  I used an alphabet stencil with mod podge, which ran a bit and made the letters sort of soft and rounded.  I outlined a few of the letters, but since they are clear, it makes a subtle and interesting texture, though hard to see in the scan.

5 comments:

  1. What a good idea to finish. This is probably even richer in a close look in real life. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trade secret? Or will you tell how you made your circles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, of course. I have a set of foam pouncers for applying paint to stencils. I double-loaded one of those with yellow and white and twisted a little when I stamped it down. I thought it was a TOTALLY original idea, then a week or so later, someone posted in the class forum about that very thing!

      Delete
  3. Well it was totally original for you. Great ideas frequently appear in several locales. And I think I will looks for some pouncers. Thanks for sharing. (Of course if I were on the class site more often I would know, wouldn't I?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I love it. :) Makes me think also about that famous painting, the starry night one by Van Gogh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete